If you’re running ads or looking to introduce PPC into your online marketing strategy, then it’s highly likely you’ll have come across Auction Insights. But what actually are they, and how can they be used to enhance your paid marketing?
Google’s Auction Insight Report
Google’s Auction Insights Report allows paid search specialists to compare how their accounts perform against their competitor and identify areas where they can improve and enhance their ads.
The Auction Insights Report documents six core performance metrics for Search campaigns. These metrics are:
- Abs. Top of Page Rate: This indicates the percentage of impressions you’ve received where your ads have appeared at the very top of search results.
- Outranking Share: This metric reveals how often your ads have ranked above your competitors during the ad auctions.
- Impression Share: This is the number of impressions you received, divided by the total number of impressions you were eligible for.
- Overlap Rate: This shows you how often a competitor’s ad received an impression in the same ad auction that you received an impression in too.
- Position Above Rate: This reveals how often your competitor’s ad showed in a higher position than yours when both were eligible.
- Top of Page Rate: This indicates the percentage of impressions you’ve received where your ads have appeared at the of search results.
How to View Auction Insights In Google Ads?
To view auctions insights within Google Ads –
- Open your Google Ads Account.
- Navigate to section titled – ‘Keywords.’
- From the drop-down, select ‘Auction Insights.’
Why are Auction Insights Useful?
The Auction Insights Report provides marketers with valuable data on the performance of their accounts.
This data can be used to: assess the impact of competition on overall ad impressions, review how Cost-Per-Click is affected by competitor bids, determine the need for defensive brand campaigns, identify areas of weakness and much more!
Want to Learn More?
If you’re interested in learning more about Google Ads, or would like some more information on how PPC can elevate your online search presence – then feel free to get in touch with a member of our dedicated digital marketing team.