We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable WordPress Developer to join our award-winning team.
We’re looking for a talented WordPress Developer to join our award-winning team. This exciting role is best suited to an experienced developer, with a proven track record across a broad range of projects. There is plenty of scope for advancement and progression within this growing department, with opportunities to help shape future direction.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who has spent a minimum of 4 years honing their skills within the web development industry, ideally within an agency environment. We’re looking for an individual who’s hungry for creative challenges and excited at the prospect of working in a fast-paced industry across varied projects.
Established in 2013, Herdl is an award-winning digital web design and marketing agency. We work with an array of national and international clients across varied projects, delivering exceptional results and maintaining excellent relationships. We are a diverse, progressive and multi-faceted business, so no two briefs will ever be the same.
Our web design projects have won numerous awards including Awwwards “Site of The Day”, “Developer Award”, “Mobile Excellence”, “eCommerce Site of The Year” and many more. We’ve developed an excellent reputation and have been featured in digital and print publications including Tympanus, WooCommerce Blog, Awwwards Case Studies and Web Designer Magazine (last feature in September 2019).
The WordPress Developer will be involved in all stages of web projects and taking a lead role in development delivery.
Working with the wider team, the WordPress Developer will help to scope and estimate projects, providing creative and technical input during the early stages. You’ll work closely with our designers to create a brief, specification and design assets before carrying out the required development work and managing the production phase.
Our chosen content management system is WordPress, and we’ve developed a modern approach to working with this platform based on the Sage Starter Theme by Roots. Our process includes a modern front-end workflow, DRY templating methodologies and intuitive dependency management. We use git for version control and ensure all projects are well-commented and easily maintainable. We have a very well optimised hosting infrastructure with automated deployment processes.
Whilst we’re very proud of our process, we constantly seek to improve and are looking for someone to add value, bring new ideas and shape its direction.
The ideal candidate will be someone with the aptitude and appetite to learn new technologies and push our team to achieve more. In this role, you’ll require exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills, organisation and time management. You’ll quickly become an integral member of our team, and we’ll provide a clear pathway for your career progression.
Below are some examples of recent our projects which indicate the level of expertise we require:
Roles and Responsibilities of the WordPress Developer:
- Providing creative and technical input throughout web and marketing projects
- Collaborating with team members and 3rd parties to produce the best outcomes
- Engaging with clients during project kick-off meetings, presentations and feedback rounds
- Taking a lead role in the production phase of development projects and carrying out the required development work
- Working with the wider team to enhance our development process
- Organise and manage a queue of development tasks to ensure projects are delivered on time and to specification
Required Skills and Attributes of the Web Developer:
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end workflows using technologies such as webpack, npm, yarn, composer and other similar technologies
- Strong understanding of git and version control
- Experience with web animation (CSS, JS or SVG eg. lottie.js or GSAP) is preferable
- Experience developing websites using WordPress
- Familiarity using plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms and WooCommerce is preferable
- Excited by technical challenges and a natural problem-solver
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills
- Strong organisational skills including scheduling, budget management, personal time management and meeting deadlines
- Regular paid-for staff lunches, as a team, at the local pub
- Annual staff party budget (previously visited Krakow, Budapest, Berlin, London etc.)
- Paid-for trips to awards ceremonies, events and conferences
- Occasional remote/flexible working if necessary
- Free Fruit and Coffee (Nespresso)/Tea
- Dart Board and Xbox One X in office
- Opportunities to visit and work from our office in Berlin
- Personal development budget – we invest in our staff to learn and develop their skills
- This is an opportunity to help shape a growing company where your efforts and opinion will be fully appreciated
If you’re excited by this new position and wish to apply, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org