We’re looking for a talented and motivated WordPress Developer to join our award-winning team. This exciting role is best suited to a developer, who’s looking to hone their skills across a broad range of exciting projects whilst learning from an exceptional team. There is plenty of scope for advancement and progression within this growing department, with opportunities to help shape future direction.
Our ideal candidate would be someone with at least 2 years experience and ideally within an agency environment. There’s a strong focus within our work for front-end effects and animations so an interest in this would be preferential. We’re looking for an individual who’s hungry for creative challenges and excited at the prospect of working in a fast-paced industry.
Established in 2013, Herdl is an award-winning digital web design and marketing agency. We work with an array of national and international clients across, delivering exceptional results and maintaining excellent relationships. We are a diverse, progressive and multi-faceted business, so no two briefs will ever be the same.
Our web design projects have won numerous awards including Awwwards “Site of The Day”, “Developer Award”, “Mobile Excellence”, “eCommerce Site of The Year” and many more. We’ve developed an excellent reputation and have been featured in digital and print publications including Tympanus, WooCommerce Blog, Awwwards Case Studies and Web Designer Magazine.
What we are looking for
- A technical self-starter who thrives within a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years of experience and ideally within an agency setting
- Experience developing websites using WordPress
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end workflows using webpack, npm, yarn, composer and other similar technologies
- Strong understanding of git and version control
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with web animation (CSS, JS or SVG eg. lottie.js or GSAP) is preferable
- Familiarity using plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms and WooCommerce is preferable
- Excited by technical challenges with an aptitude and appetite to learn new technologies and skills
- Strong organisational skills including personal time management and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid communication skills
What you’ll be doing
- The WordPress Developer will be involved in all stages of web projects and playing an important role in development and aftercare delivery.
- Working with the wider team, the WordPress Developer will help to scope and estimate projects and updates, providing creative and technical input during the early stages.
- You’ll work closely with our designers and lead developers before carrying out the required development work during the production phase.
- Working with the wider team to enhance our development process
- Our chosen content management system is WordPress, and we’ve developed a modern approach to working with this platform based on the Sage Starter Theme by Roots.
- Our process includes a modern front-end workflow, DRY templating methodologies and intuitive dependency management.
- We use git for version control and ensure all projects are well-commented and easily maintainable.
- We have a very well optimised hosting infrastructure with automated deployment processes.
- You’ll quickly become an integral member of our team, and we’ll provide a clear pathway for your career progression.
Below are some examples of recent projects:
What You’ll Be Using
- webpack, npm, yarn, composer
- Vagrant local dev environment (Ubuntu 20, MySQL 8, PHP 7.4)
- VS Code (or similar)
- Google Workspace
- The opportunity to work within an innovative, award-winning agency and as part of a team who are at the very top of their game.
- Working hours from 9am – 5pm with the flexibility to work fully remote, office based or a mix of the two.
- Team Events – held in locations throughout Europe
- Regular paid-for team lunches at the local pub.
- Herdl HQ kitted out with Xbox, Darts, Nespresso, teas, fruit etc
- A windows or Mac laptop/desktop depending on your preference
- In a company who’s ethos is built around nurturing talent, you’ll have an annual personal development budget at your disposal to enhance your skill set
- Transparency – all members of the team have visibility on company performance.
- Autonomy – we hire experts, invest in their personal development and trust them to do their work unhindered.
- A key position in a growing business. This is a truly exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you’re excited by this new position and wish to apply please contact us via email@example.com